Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Claustrophobia

WOW! I had my first and hopefully last MRI done today. I have been dizzy a lot lately and the Dr. ordered an MRI of my brain. I am a little claustrophobic and was worried as soon as I saw the MRI chamber. I got even worse as I had to lay down on this table and they vice gripped my head to the table. Then they put this helmet thing over my face. When this happened I started to feel like I couldn't breath. The nurse began sliding the table into the chamber and I asked how long the MRI takes. She tells me it will be 20 min. At this point I thought that closing my eyes would be the best thing to do to help keep me from freaking out. I kept my eyes closed the whole time in fear that I would not be able to handle the confined space. I did it, and was so proud that I did not embarrass my self or my family! I will get the result in 3 days, I was told. Glad that is done and over with!

No comments: