Sunday, August 24, 2008

Washington



The four of us went to the Pacific NW for a week for Amy's wedding and to visit family. We had a lot of fun and so enjoyed the sights and weather. Amy's wedding took place in Portland, OR. We enjoyed the beautiful drive from Seattle to Portland and back. It is amazing to see some of God's amazing creations. That whole area is like eye candy, I could not get enough. It was bitter-sweet, I loved what I was seeing and the weather was AMAZING, but I got a little depressed thinking that there are actually such places out there and other people actually get to live there and enjoy and I get to return to the depths of Hell, aka TEXAS. Texas is not all bad but scenery like that is nonexistent in TX. The weather was a breath of fresh air and so needed after suffering 107 degree temps in TX the week of our departure. Our family had a blast in downtown Seattle, such a fun place. We also enjoyed a couple days in Vancouver, BC at Stanley Park. We had so much fun visiting with Dustin's family. Both of my kids enjoyed being with their cousin's. My kids talked about their cousin's for several days after our return. We really had a great time and I am totally keeping my eyes open for an opportunity to move to the Pacific NW.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

so sad I had to miss it :( Glad you guys had fun! I love Washington too... lets all move there!!

Kristina said...

So glad you guys had a good time on your trip. You're so mean to Texas. If you recall, I think Texas is the "promised land." Who wants all that rain and mold? I do admit, however, that there are some breath taking sights out west. And stop talking about moving there. You're staying here!

Anonymous said...

Well now that your thoughts are blasted all over the World Wide Web, I think you have to make it come true. :) Tell Dustin to get a job transfer, and we'll see you soon. By the way, how much money did the Governor of WA give you to say such nice things about us??