Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day

Hope all you mother's out there felt loved and appreciated on Mother's Day. I had a pretty good day. Dustin got up with the kids and let me sleep in which is always so very appreciated. He also cleaned up the kitchen that was left in a bit of disarray from the day before which was sooo wonderful. He and the kiddoes got me a DVD with three chick flicks on it and some chocolate covered dried cherries and flowers. Dustin had to go to a church meeting before church, so I fed the kids lunch and tried to keep their church clothes clean. I think I was more or less successful in keeping them presentable. At church all the primary children went up front to sing there mother's a couple songs for mother's day. This was Logan's first time to be included. He was in the very front row during the songs. He turned his face to the side and kept a scowl on his little face the entire time he was up there. He did not sing a note. He gave me a good laugh though! As soon as he got back to his seat, Ashlynn says, "Now it's my turn to sing!" She started to sing by herself. I felt bad having to "shush" her. Logan's teacher sent him home with a pretty red rose to give to me which he did. We then joined my family for a dinner prepared by the boys. It was very nice to not have to lift a finger and be served and have the kitchen cleaned for you! I think that Mother's day and my birthday (usually) are the only two times of the year that I receive such royal treatment. Not that I'm complaining! Or am I????? (haha) All in all it was a very nice day and I really appreciated all the special effort.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great day! I love that Logan just sat there all grumpy... so cute. Also nice that you got royal treatment!