Tuesday, May 13, 2008

There's a snake in my boot!


Not really! That is a phrase that Woody from Toy Story says, well, at least his action figure that the kids have. Anyway! Logan, Sammie, and I were returning from a quick trip to Grandma's house and Logan had pulled ahead of the dog and I as I had to wait for Sammie to decide to come home and Logan had ridden his jeep back to the house. OK, so I get through the gate and am walking toward the house and I see this ginormous snake on my driveway pretty much right in the path that I am sure Logan had just run through to get to the house. It was very still so I walked past it to get a hold of Logan and show him the snake to see if he had seen it when he ran right past it. He acted way to nonchalant about it when I asked if he had seen it. I think he thought it was fake. We sat there and watched it, it wasn't moving much. So, I thought I'd give us a better show. I rolled some plastic pots toward it and it coiled up and was all scary and stuff! We watched as it slithered away and hid in the rock retaining wall. CREEPY! It was a good 3.5- 4 ft long and about 2 in. in diameter. Twas a bit unsettling. By the way, this is not an actual picture of MY snake, this is a picture off the internet of a snake that looks like MY snake only this snake would be considered MY snakes "mini-me!"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahh! so creepy! Did Logan finally react to it after it was being all creepy and stuff?

Melanie said...

Not like I had anticipated. He is usually afraid of EVERYTHING, but he thought the snake was funny. I think part of it was that I did not freak out too bad, no screaming and running, so I think hw fed off of that.