Friday, May 2, 2008

Never-ending projects!

So, all the projects floating around my head are growing rather numerous. I am really wanting to tackle the back yard and get it finished ASAP. We had built a retaining wall on one side of the backyard and it butts up to the chain link fence. We have had a lot of the dirt wash away through the chain link fence, surprise, surprise. So I have dug out the dirt along the fence in preparation to finish off the wall. I dug two whole along our picket fence for some bushes. Dustin started chipping away at the rock in what is going to be the kids play area, which we are filling with pea gravel and hopefully putting in a wooden play center/swing set thing. We then need to bring in the pea gravel for the play area and the topsoil in preparation for sod. I also want to build myself a wishing well with a built in planter to cover up our actual well. I am contemplating hiring our neighbor to brick one up for us or attempt to build one myself out of wood to match the play ground. It will be quite the project, but the finished project should be nice. I'd also like to simultaneously bring in topsoil and sod for a small part of the lower yard (to ease the mowing of this area which takes a beating from our steep driveway which guides rain water to this area like a raging river.) I had to cut a bunch of limbs off my trees as a mowing precaution, I usually am watching the ground as I go to make sure there is not a rock or stump in my way and about take my eye out on a low limb. I woke this morning with a very sore wrist and arms, so today was all about the legs at the gym! For the inside of the house, I have planned some projects. I have some wallpaper to put up in my bedroom. I plan on painting my living room some shade of yellow, I am currently narrowing down the choices. For some odd reason I find this to do list quite exhilarating and can't wait to see the finished projects. I'll take some before and after photos for all to see!

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Sounds like you're a busy lady! I can't wait to see the wallpaper in your bedroom when it's done.