Sunday, October 26, 2008

CRAZINESS!



This past week has been crazy busy. Dustin had our sod being delivered on Wednesday, we kicked it up a day to Tuesday because of rain in the forecast (never came!) So we have been working like slaves to get the ground prepared, picking (as in swinging the dumb pick like a crazy person!), raking, picking up rocks and weeds, bringing in "super grass dirt," that's really what the company called it. Tuesday the missionaries were kind enough to come help us finish spreading the super grass dirt and laying the sod. We got it done... finally. Now I am the watering queen. It has to be watered once a day for a couple of weeks and then I can start tapering down from there. We also had the Parker's Annual Halloween Spooktacular, Saturday. So I had to get everything around here ready including a crazy Amazing Race event that seemed like a good idea at the time. I think people had fun. We had pumpkin carving, ball searching, relay race thing, candy corn counting, ice water toe dipping, puzzle doing and the such. There was lots of fun food and great costumes! I had a lot of fun but am glad it is OVER! I was supposed to make Dustin's costume but stopped at the pinning together point 2 nights before the big event. I went and bought another costume the day before the event to lessen my growing anxiety.
Last weekend, we took the kids to the Shriner's Circus that was going on in town. This was Ashlynn's first. The kids had a blast, we ended up getting in for free because some nice man gave us tickets as we waited in line so we had some extra play money and Grandma. Grandma bought the kids cool light up toys to play with during the show and at intermission Logan went down an enormous inflatable slide and then Logan, Ashlynn and Bella went on an Elephant ride. My camera died just in time for me to miss out the best part of the circus, seeing my kids smiling from era to ear on an elephant. We had such a great time, great memories.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your costumes! Sounds like you've had a lot of good times!

Allison said...

The party was a GREAT time! Thanks for always including us.