Thursday, October 9, 2008

What to do about Commercials?!

Over a month ago Logan approached me and said, "Mom, I want a dino-mountain playset." I made him repeat it several times as I had no idea as to what he was talking about. Finally I asked him where he had seen this "dino-mountain playset" thing. He told me he saw it on TV. So I told him his birthday is coming up and we'll see about getting it at that time. So I look around for this stupid thing and it's $50! I could not believe that such a silly little toy with so few special features would be so expensive. So I would ask Logan every once in awhile what he wanted for his birthday, of course, the answer is always the same, a dino-mountain playset. So yesterday, we took a family trip to Toys'r'us and Dustin entertained the kids (bless his heart) while I shopped. I reluctantly grabbed his silly dino-mountian playset and tried to find a couple of other, "cooler" toys. I then loaded the loot into the back of the van and went and collected my poor exhausted husband and my two very excited children and headed for the car. Logan shoulders slumped as we were leaving and he said "I wanted the dino-mountin playset!" So I told him Logan you'll have to wait until your birthday to see if you got it! He seemed OK with that solution. He cracks me up. That boy does not forget what he wants and he is certainly not fickle when it comes to what he wants!

5 comments:

Allison said...

Ohh, that looks cool!!! Kyle would absolutely LOVE something like that!! When is Logan's birthday? I know how you feel about commercials - that's why I always prefer PBS - but no diego on pbs :( bummer. LOL!

Unknown said...

Yeah, I am definitely worried about commercials when Q gets older. What a good memory Logan has! I guess we will have to see pictures of Logan with his Dino-mountain play set!

Melanie said...

Logan's Birthday is the 12th, Sunday! I am going to attempt to make a cake mountain with a tunnel, and put a train track through it. I will try to post a picture of the "creation" at a later date!

Kristina said...

That Logan's something else. What a little smartie pants. "Kristina, I need some money." He's too funny!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Hannah will just say she want's everything that she sees the commercial for, lol, it's funny. Cute!!