Sunday, March 16, 2008

Back in the Saddle, Again!

Our church schedule is quite late, we start at one pm. So this morning my mom and I decided to take lunch over to my cousin and her family at the hospital. Eden seems to be recuperating well from her surgery and walked outside today and had lunch out on the patio of the hospital. It was good to see her up and about. One of her best friends from school has a baby sister that was also recently diagnosed with cancer and is on the oncology floor with Eden. Her best friend was at the hospital today and was able to come see her. It was sad to me, as I sat in the lobby of the hospital waiting for my Aunt, seeing all these families coming and going, knowing of the heartache that they must be going through. My day to day life goes on as usual and there are people out there that don't know how they can possibly suffer another day longer or watch there loved one's suffer. It was very sobering to me to think of all those people around the world that have such horrific trials, and how I am so oblivious to it all.
Today was the first day in several weeks that we have gone to church as a family. We have all taken our turns being sick and seem to be all good for the time being. I forgot how much of a headache church can be with two small children. Logan and Ashlynn like to fight over things during sacrament meeting. Ashlynn likes to use her "outside" voice and does not understand the concept of whispering. We got through sacrament and the kids were both very excited to go see there friends in their classes. We received positive feedback from their teachers, which is a refreshing change.

No comments: